Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Happy belated birthday Tornado

Today, as the sun showed itself for the first time in a week, the plan was to attend to my Chilean "polola" (Chilean word for girlfriend), which definitely was overdue. We headed for the outsides of town, close to the beach where I found a wind sheltered location between some trailers to clean the (+16k km) chain. I was recommended to use gasoline, which led me to find a spot out of town (so no one would complain). The work required some effort, but after I had finally oiled the chain after finishing the cleaning, I immediately felt the difference, the unquestionable "joy" from the bike as we cruised back to the house.





So on the way back, I had no choice but to buy (what she has been needing for some time), a little tent to shelter from rain, sun etc. If the sun stays with us for a bit longer, we will see to the overall cleaning of the bike, ...as that too is overdue! After that there are only a few spots with rust that need to be brushed clean and re-painted! 

No comments: