Tuesday, March 11, 2014

...so where were we

It has been long since my last entry and much has happened. I am unfortunately unable to make use of my computer at this stage, thus cannot share the thrilling pictures from my camera (due ASAP). But I will share a few I have on my cell.




From futaleufú, I returned to La Carretera Austral, the main road that runs through the Chilean Patagonia. The road conditions varied from extremely bad with lots of gravel bumps In between the road constructions, to bits and pieces of asphalt. In a few years he majority will most likely be asphalted.



The next stop I made was in Cerro Castillo, a little village of a few unfree people, with a very scenic panoramic view. I could not turn down horseback riding in this picturesque landscape! So, for a day, my bike was interchanged for a horse named Sombra, in English Shadow. 




In the small town Puerto Rio Tranquilo, on the shore of the beautiful lake Carreras General, I met some people traveling in a yellow van. We were all southbound, hence met up on and camped on our way to Tortel, as far as we could go before a definite end for vehicles at O'Higgins.




After a breathtaking trip down to Tortel, we were set on different routes and I set out east to the Argentinian Patagonia to continue my south. It was never really cold, but I fought with an almost freezing windchill in Chile. In Argentina, I was about to confront the Patagonian roar!

No comments: